Freedom not Fashion Hoodie
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 16 DAYS FOR DELIVERY OF THIS HOODIE!
A few years ago, the Palestinian keffiyeh became a fashion item, with hundreds of thousands being sold across the world. With this surge in popularity, the significance and symbolism of the keffiyeh (or 'Hatta as it is often known in Palestine) was lost.
The keffiyeh is not about fashion, it is about freedom.
Palestinians today are either exiled outside of their homeland, or live under Israeli occupation in the West Bank and Gaza, or live as second class citizens inside the state of Israel. None of them enjoy their rights to statehood and equality as Palestinians. The keffiyeh is worn proudly by Palestinians as a symbol of our identity and our freedom.
It is available here as a black hoodie with a zip on the front:
- 100% Ringspun combed Cotton facing for enhanced wash and wear performance
- Set-in sleeves
- Drawstring double fabric hood with self-coloured draw cord
- Deep front pouch pockets
- Single jersey neck tape for comfort
- Fashionable full length narrow covered zip
- Ribbed hem and cuffs with Lycra® for shape retention
- Twin needle stitching detail throughout
- With side seams
Please note that t-shirts and hoodies are send separately to other items in the Hope and Play shop.